How To Consign:
See our Calendar page to view dates of the sale, and consignor take-in and pay-off dates/times.
If an article is sold, the owner (consignor) receives 60% of the price she has set and Charlestown Playhouse receives 40%.
- There will be a $5.00 fee for all consignors. This is due when you deliver your items and register at the desk. We reserve the right to charge a higher consignment fee for an extremely large quantity of items.
- DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS AT SALE WITHOUT HAVING THEM CHECKED BY A SALE COMMITTEE MEMBER.
- PLEASE CHECK AT FRONT DESK BEFORE BRINGING IN ANY LARGE ITEMS TO BE SURE WE HAVE SPACE.
Consignment Items will only be accepted on Consignor Take-In Days (see calendar) unless other arrangements have been made. Please use the "Contact Us" form if you have questions or need to make special arrangements.
Consignors may pick up their check payment, sold tickets, and any unsold items on the Friday before the Half Price Sale, from 9:00AM – 2:00PM**. Any unsold items remaining after 2:00 PM are the property of the Charlestown Sale and will be included in the Half Price Sale on Saturday and the Bag Sale on Sunday, with all proceeds going directly to the Charlestown Sale. Any unsold items remaining after the Bag Sale are donated to charity. Check payments will still be available for pick-up at the Sale building through 11:00 AM on the last Sunday of the Sale.
Consignors who are unable to pick up their check payment in person must supply a self-addressed stamped envelope at registration and we will send their check in the mail, however we are unable to mail the sold tickets.
**Special arrangements may be made for larger items to be picked up later or over the weekend if necessary; please speak to someone at the front desk.
Presentation of Items
- When you deliver your clothing it must be on hangers (if applicable, see below) and sorted by size and category.
- We'll be saving clip-on hangers during the sale so if you need a few extra just let us know when you arrive with your items.
ATTENTION ALL CONSIGNORS! PLEASE NOTE CHANGES:
ALL PANTS AND SKIRTS MUST BE ON CLIP-ON HANGERS- NOT FOLDED IN HALF ON A WIRE HANGER.
- Women's Pants/Skirts - All incoming pants and skirts must be brought in on pant/skirt hangers.
- Men's Pants/Shorts - All incoming pants and shorts must be brought in on pants hangers.
- Children's Pants/Shorts - All incoming pants and shorts size 8 and above must be brought in on pant/skirt hangers. Size 7 and below do not put on hangers.
- Children's Skirts - All incoming skirts should be brought in on hangers. Skirt hangers preferred but can be safety pinned to bottom of wire hanger as an alternative.
- Please put all children’s clothing on hangers (except where noted above, and excluding pajamas). This includes ALL tops and jackets of all sizes.
- Children's socks may be grouped and tagged in a clear ziplock bag.
- All items must be in style, in season, and clean. (i.e. No summer clothing at Fall Sale)
Limits Per Sale
Due to limited space and help, it is necessary to set the following limits:
- Consignors may bring in 25 total pieces of women’s clothing made up of the following: women’s pants, women’s sweaters, women’s dresses/suits, women’s skirts, women’s tops/blouses, women’s blazers/jackets/coats. All teen clothing is considered adult.
- WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO LIMIT THE QUANTITY OF ANY ITEMS, IF SPACE IS NOT AVAILABLE.
CONSIGNOR PRICE TAG REQUIREMENTS
All items must be tagged prior to arrival at the Sale.
BEFORE REGISTERING, YOUR PRICE TAGS MUST BE CHECKED BY A MEMBER OF THE SALE COMMITTEE. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY SO YOUR ITEMS ARE NOT REJECTED:
- USE STRING TAGS ONLY except where noted below.
- NAME, PRICE, & UNIQUE MARK on BOTH sides of tags.
INFORMATION REQUIRED ON PRICE TAGS:
- BOTH your first and last names. NO CODE NAMES OR INITIALS.
- PRICE on both sides.
- A SPECIAL personalized mark on BOTH sides of each tag. Be creative - you can use a stamp or draw this special mark yourself. For a sample tag, click on “Download” on the “Consignment and Donation Info” tab.
- FOR YOUR PROTECTION, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO PUT A DESCRIPTION OF THE ITEM ON THE TAG GIVING SIZE, COLOR, SEX, AND BRAND NAME if applicable.
ADDITIONAL TAGGING REQUIREMENTS and RESTRICTIONS
- Each item must have a price tag. The tag must be on the item, not on a hanger, bag or container. For two-piece items, put an identifying tag on each piece to indicate it is part of a set (i.e. “2 of 2 pieces”, BUT the price ONLY goes on 1 tag).
- If you make your own string tags, please use card stock, NOT cardboard.
- Tags must be attached with safety pins or professional tagging guns (or with strings looped through buttonholes). NO staples, straight pins, duct tape or scotch tape to attach tags to items.
- Clear packing tape or masking tape can be used to attach your tags to hard items (i.e. household goods, etc.)
- PLEASE DO NOT USE MASKING TAPE TO TAG CLOTHING.
- Items with many pieces, such as games, toys or puzzles should be boxed or in a CLEAR plastic bag and securely tied with tag on outside.
- Items in a box must have a tag on the item itself (not on the box).
- Neckties and belts are to be priced individually.
TAGGING RESTRICTIONS FOR CERTAIN MERCHANDISE:
- Tie strings as short as possible when attaching to jewelry.
- No jewelry in plastic bags.
CDs and DVDs
- Cases must be taped shut using clear tape. Tags must be taped to the case using clear tape. Do not use masking tape.
- Use Post-its ONLY for books & magazines.
- Post-it must be on the INSIDE page of the front cover - no other label will be accepted.
- Tag each book and magazine individually.
- No stained or mildewed books will be accepted.
LINENS AND CURTAINS
- Items must be on hangers with MEASUREMENTS indicated on the tag.
- Tags MUST be pinned on the items, NOT on the hanger. Linen sets must be pinned together.
- Baby linens must be on hangers, also.
- NO multilayered or stuffed fabric items accepted, such as pillows and used comforters. Bedspreads are OK, as are comforters IF they are NEW, WITH ORIGINAL TAGS.
If you wish to change the price on an item after it has been consigned, YOU MUST USE A NEW TAG. -- PRICE CHANGES ON TAGS WILL NOT BE HONORED -- NO WHITE-OUT!
- PRICE YOUR ITEMS TO SELL!!
- Prices must be in multiples of 25¢. For example:.25, .50, .75, etc.
- DO NOT USE 9's (as in .39, .79, etc.). Prices have to begin at 25¢.
- Think reasonable pricing - you do want your items to sell! Think what you would pay for the item!